To ensure clients don't book you in your personal time, you can sync all Google calendar events into your Genbook calendar. This way you have more control over your day. If you would like to view Genbook appointments in your Google Calendar, you can do that too. To get started with the sync, login to your Genbook account and your Outlook app on PC (Windows 10).
Click below to view detailed instructions for each section:
Inbound (Pull Outlook calendar events into Genbook Calendar)
Outbound (Push Genbook appointments to Outlook Calendar)
Please note these instructions are for the Outlook app on Windows 10
1. Open the Outlook mail app and ensure you’re logged in
2. Click through to the calendar module in the bottom left
3. Click Home in the top left
4. Click "Publish Online"
5. Click Publish This Calendar. This will open a new page in your web browser
6. In the new web page, select the name of the calendar you want to sync to Genbook, and under ‘Show availability, titles and locations’ click ‘Create’
7. Right click the link next to the ICS option and ‘Copy link’
8. Navigate to genbook.com/manager/login and login using your account details
9. Click the Settings icon in the top right
10. Click Staff under the Business Profile section
11. Click on the name of the staff member for whom you want to set up the sync with, from the staff list
12. Click "Calendar syncing"
13. Under the “Inbound" heading, check the box beside “Synchronize your personal appointments..."
14. Paste the URL you copied from Outlook Calendar into the open field below it and click the "Save Changes" button.
15. Once the initial sync is complete, you will see your Google Calendar events appear in your Genbook calendar as a light grey overlay with the "download from the cloud" icon on the top right.
1. Click the Settings icon in the top right
2. Click Staff under the Business Profile section
3. Choose the staff member for whom you want to set up the sync
4. Choose "Calendar syncing"
5. Under the “Outbound" heading, check the box beside "Synchronize your Genbook appointments". Then, choose the "Use a private URL" option and copy the URL in the box
6. Open the Outlook app on your PC and click the Calendar module in the bottom left
7. Click Home in the top left
8. Click the Open calendar button and select ‘From Internet’ option
9. Paste the URL you copied from Genbook into the box and click OK
10. Click Yes in Microsoft Outlook confirmation box
11. You will now see Genbook appointments in your Outlook calendar and the name of your calendar listed under ‘Other Calendars’ on the left menu 🎉
Have a question or need help? Click the chat bubble to send us a message. 😄