Genbook lets small businesses sell products right from within their Genbook accounts, during the same checkout process used to charge clients for their appointments. Below, we'll look at how to create a product in Genbook, and how to add it to a customer's checkout process.
Creating a Product in Genbook Manager for iPhone
1. Tap the gear icon at the top left to access your Settings.
2. Tap "Payments"
3. Tap "Products"
4. Tap the "+" sign at the top right of the Products screen.
5. Enter a product name, sale price, and scan its barcode using your phone (if applicable). Tap "Save" at the top right when you're satisfied with your new product's name and info.
6. Then, tap the product's name again under your Product list to access/edit its stock.
7. Tap "Stock".
8. Select "New Stock" and tap "Add" at the bottom.
🤓 Pro tip: If you are replacing stock, processing a return, or need to adjust the count due to inventory, you can tap one of the other options. You can also tap "Remove" at the bottom to enter how many units of the product you want to delete from your stock.
9. Enter the number of that product that you have in stock and tap Confirm at the bottom.
10. Tap "Save" at the top of the next screen.
Tap "Save" again to save the product with your updated stock. 🎉
Adding a product to Checkout in Genbook Manager for iPhone
You can add any product to a client's checkout process, using the steps below:
1. On the first screen of the Checkout process, tap the shopping cart icon to access your list of products,
2. Then, either tap "Scan" at the top left if your product has a bar code, or tap the plus (+) beside the product name to enter a quantity. Tap "Done" at the bottom to add the product(s).
3. You'll then see the product added to the checkout, below the service itself, and the Total Cost updated. Tap "Next".
4. You'll see that total reflected again on the final screen, where you actually charge the client.
The number of units of any product you sold will also be subtracted from the stock for that product.