Recurring appointments are essential to a wide array of business types and service providers — from psychotherapists to massage therapists, chiropractors to estheticians, dentists to lawyers. Genbook makes setting up these appointments simple, straightforward and hassle-free.
Click below for step-by-step instructions for setting recurring appointments
1. Click the appointment you want to repeat in your calendar.
2. Click the “Advanced” tab on the appointment details form, then enable the Recurring option
3. Choose your repeat type (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Specific days).
4. Select the frequency at which you’d like the appointment to repeat from the “Repeats every” drop-down menu
For Monthly recurrences, you can also choose whether you’d like the appointments to repeat on the same day of the the month (ie: the 4th of every month, regardless of day of the week on which it falls) or on the same day of the week (ie: the 1st Friday of every month, regardless of the actual date).
If you select the Specific Days option, you can type in the exact dates and times at which you want the appointments repeated.
5. Next, choose either an end date or a number of times for the recurrence
If you only want the appointment to repeat a set number of times (between 2 and 12), select the "Number of times" option under "Repeats" and then choose how many times the appointment repeats.
This is especially useful when clients buy packages — 6 sessions of electrolysis, 8 personal training sessions, etc. — as it allows you to have only as many recurrences as set by the package or deal they purchased.
To have the appointment repeat until a specific end date, choose "Until a Date" and then use the calendar to select the date the last appointment will take place. You can select an end date as far as 30 months away.
🤓 Pro tip: Select the date by clicking on it in the little calendar, NOT by typing it in.
This option works well if you need to offer indefinite standing appointments.
6. Finally, look over the appointment’s recurrence details and be sure to save your changes
A recurring appointment always has a looped arrow in the upper right corner.
By the way, the setup works the same whether you’re repeating an Offline appointment (entered by you in the calendar) or Online one (made by a client using your online booking page).
↑ back to top ↑
Genbook Manager for iPhone
1. Tap the appointment you want to repeat
2. Tap Edit at the top right
3. Tap Recurring
4. Tap "Repeat"
5. Choose from Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Specific Days repeat types
6. Then, tap "Every" to select a repeat interval
7. Choose the interval at which the appointment repeats.
8. Tap "Repeats" at the bottom to choose how far out the recurring appointment will go.
9. Choose either an end date for your recurring appointment or a number of times it will repeat.
10. Tap "Done" at the top right when you've finished editing the recurrence of your appointment.
11. Tap "Save" to confirm the changes to your appointment.
Your recurring appointment will now show up on your calendar on the dates you've selected or the number of times you chose. 🎉
The curled arrow icon at the top right of the appointment is the symbol for a recurring appointment.
Genbook Manager for Android
1. Open an appointment you want to make recurring to view its details
2. Tap on the edit button
3. Select the recurring option
4. Turn recurring on with the toggle switch
5. Select the type of recurrence you’d like (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Specific Days)
6. Tap the next line to choose the frequency at which the appointment will repeat
7. For Monthly recurrences, you can also choose whether you’d like the appointments to recur on the same day of the the month (ie: the 19th of every month, regardless of day of the week on which it falls) or on the same day of the week (ie: the 3rd Wednesday of every month, regardless of the actual date).
8. If you select the Specific option, you will be able to choose the exact dates and times at which you want the booking repeated. Tap 'Add another specific date' to enter the next booking in the repeating series.
9. The Manager will navigate back to the calendar, where you can press and drag the appointment around. You can use the month or week selections near the top to navigate quickly to a specific date, or swipe left and right to move to the next or previous day. Use the "+/- 5" buttons to move the booking in smaller intervals. When you have the appointment where you want it, tap on the check mark to save and add it to the recurring series.
10. You will see the new date is now listed in the recurring page, where you can add additional specific dates and times.
11. When you have the recurring setting you want, tap the check mark at the top to save the recurring information, and the app will return to the edit appointment screen. The recurring option you selected will be displayed, and you can finalize the recurring booking with the check mark near the top.
12. Recurring appointments are marked in the Manager app's calendar with a circle arrow icon.