As part of your Comms tab in Genbook, Smart Marketing allows you to use your client and their booking history to communicate with your clients via email. You can create segments of your clients using your data in Genbook and send fully customized email messages to them.
NOTE: If you haven't received your test email please check your SPAM folder. Email best practices are to send relevant messages to relevant client. If your clients mark your emails as spam it will prevent future messages from being delivered to their inbox. Please check your Message History Tab to see a history of sent messages.
In this article:
Things to remember
- The segments will include a maximum of 2 years of appointment history.
- The segment information is updated once each day.
- Clients that unsubscribe from marketing emails will not be included in the email blasts.
- If a merchant deselects the email marketing option from the customer notification preferences you will be excluded from the message blasts.
- Clients that have been ‘blocked’ from scheduling online are automatically excluded from email blasts.
- When sending a message to a specific customer; unsubscribed clients are excluded from the selectable list and clients that are blocked or have your email marketing preference disabled by the merchant can still be contacted.
- We have introduced an email quota limit of 10,000 monthly sends that governs the maximum number of emails that an account can send each month.
Sending a message to a group of clients
1. Choose the email
After selecting Smart Marketing you can select the template that best fits your needs, or chose a blank template.
2. Customize the message
The content of the selected template can be fully customized to meet the needs of the business. You may include a custom Call To Action button.
3. Define the segment of customers to receive the message
Select the clients to which to send the email.
4. Customize the segmentation rules to meet the specific needs of the message
The segmentation rule can be customized to identify the specific clients that you wants to interact with. To learn more about segments, click here.
5. Review the number of customers that meet the segment rules and select send
The number of clients that the email will be sent to is displayed prior to the message being sent. This screen also provides the business with information about the number of customers that will be excluded from the blast and why.
The summary of messages sent is displayed.
You can can control the maximum number of messages a client receives in a week.
Go to Settings / Smart Marketing
Then choose the maximum number of emails per week that each client may receive:
Sending a message to a group of clients via the app
1. Go to Settings / Comms
2. Choose Smart Marketing
3. Choose a template
4. Customize message including locations, message, booking button.
5. Choose the segment of clients to which the email will be sent
6. Send the message